Monday, April 14, 2014

Vine Project

One of my closest interactions with nature is distinguishing between synthetic forms of nature used by companies as an advertizing tactic and genuine nature. Over these past few years I have seen the word “natural” become the central selling point for foods, hygiene products but perhaps the most apparent, makeup. As a girl it is hard not to notice the different makeups which can give you a “natural” look. I hoped to use this fist video to demonstrate the irony of these “natural” products.
https://vine.co/v/MJwIBUDLOqM
vine 1
I have always been interested in my dogs, whether or not they would be considered part of nature or not. As humans we often remove ourselves from nature, considering ourselves to be outside of it but is this true for our pets as well. My dogs have been tamed so far beyond their natural state that even though their origins are hunting dogs they are content to share the small yard with napping bunnies and slow squirrels. However when they play with each other their growls and playful bits seem so far from the obedient dogs I know. Whether they are nature or they simply encourage me to go out into nature I am not sure but either way this is my happiest relationship with nature.
https://vine.co/v/MJwjVDEBZDj
vine 2
The third video is to show what I find most interesting about humans relationship with nature. No matter how much we encourage ourselves to go outside and take a walk it is rare we step beyond the cement path. We follow the concrete as though it is our own yellow brick road with beautiful images waiting to corrupt us on either side. As children we are taught to keep off the grass and the longer we follow the rule the harder it is to break.
https://vine.co/v/MJwIWKPL59E
vine 3

1 comment:

  1. Again, a standout effort here. You've managed both a coherent trio and a complex, creative approach unlike most of your classmates. Brava!

    ReplyDelete